New Macbook Pro… still waiting

I have blogged before about being somewhat of a Apple Fanboy. Ever since I bought my 15″ Macbook Pro I have loved the Apple hardware and the Apple OS. Unfortunately Apple are making it a little difficult at the moment.

I have planned on getting the new 17″ Macbook Pro for a long time now, but the existing models are using the Core2Duo processors and the rest of the Apple line (and the rest of the world!) has moved on since then. I decided to wait for the Macbook Pro product line to be refreshed before getting the new one, but each time the rumor mill says it will be updated, it doesn’t happen.

Once again rumor has it that tomorrow will be the big day and I will be able to get my new MBP, but alas I am getting used to it not happening and will have to make do with the 15″ for now. This is not a problem, but it has recently been slowing down and is in need of a good blatting, but I don’t want to do that with all my data on it, I would prefer to get the new one up and running before formatting the existing one.

Why am I blogging about this? I am not sure really, I am just anxious to get to grips with the new 17″ as it will be a LOT easier for Lightroom work as it has a lot more scream real estate available.

So, will tomorrow be the day? I will just have to wait and see… watch this space…

5 replies
  1. Gareth
    Gareth says:

    I completely agree with you, i have never had a macbook. i have been waiting quite awhile on the macbook pro refresh now and i really have run out of time. Uni starts in two days and i need a laptop for uni (well want one) and the refresh still has not happened, looks like i might have to go with my second choice with the Asus 1005PE. im sure not telling people when refresh dates will be mac is losing customers like me. I can hold on for maybe one more day but thats it:( very disapointing

    Reply
  2. Jim
    Jim says:

    @Gareth: It looks like we will have another few weeks wait as nothing came out yesterday and Tuesday is their general release day. If they wanted it out for Feb then yesterday was their last chance. My guess is they may try for end of March, either that or wait until WWDC which would be a major pain!

    Reply
  3. Gareth
    Gareth says:

    Hey Jim, thanks for the reply, i am going to go with the EEPC as it will serve my needs mostly and even with extras it will cost me only $640 so, maybe look at getting the mac later on when they eventually release one. although by then i will have more text books that need buying, probly better to spend this much less anyhow 🙂

    Reply
  4. Gareth
    Gareth says:

    One other thing that might give us a clue as to when they will bring it out, In Australia they have a promo going that via rebate you can get a free Ipod touch when you buy any mac computer as part of the student discount thing. This runs up until April 29, 2010. so its probably likely they wont release the new models until after this date.

    Reply
  5. Jim
    Jim says:

    @Gareth: Yeah, I saw the promo and if that is the case then that is a hell of a long time to wait, and actually points toward a WWDC release, taking it to after the iPad launch. I am starting to resent this iPad piece of crap though, as I think it is far less interesting than the MBP update and is holding back Apple from the power users.

    If I didn’t hate Windows so much I would jump ship, but alas I am stuck with the wait. Another issue with this is by the time they release the MBP it won’t be quite as cutting-edge as it usually is at release time.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *