Months ago I made a plan to try out different technologies and report my findings. I have been trying Twitter for a little while now and to be honest it’s been a mixed bag.
I have decided to report on this experience by listing the positives and the negatives, rather than write an essay.
- Occasionally there will be Tweets from people you don’t hear from often, it’s good to find out what they are up to
- Certain people report interesting findings on the Internet. Lyndi does this, and it’s great to share the knowledge.
- Sometimes you hear “breaking news” via a tweet, especially if it’s in a niche sector
- If someone has a particularly interesting day (or job) it’s good to feel involved in what they are doing
- I really don’t need to know “Phil is eating toast”, really!!!
- Some people seem to have a Twitter addiction. Every 5 minutes they are Tweeting something… too much!
- I’m not sure if people feel offended if you don’t like their Tweets and delete them from the friends list?
I think I like Twitter. The positives certainly outweigh the negatives for me. I do think I will have to delete the people that wish to tell me they are eating breakfast, drinking tea or picking their nose! Whether they feel offended, we’ll see!
What is your experience of Twitter? Do you love it or do you hate it?